Disqus for Cyber Fort

Thursday 18 July 2013

Pin It

Widgets

Exclusive: Truecaller Database hacked by Syrian Electronic Army

It's been long time since we reported news updates on hacking attacks done by Syrian Electronic ArmyJust now, Syrian Electronic Army has posted a tweet saying they have hacked into TrueCaller website (www.truecaller.com)

 
In another tweet, the group has provided the database host address,database name,  username, and password in plain-text.

Speaking to E Hacking News, the hackers said they have hacked into the TrueCaller's server and downloaded more than 7 databases.  The said the main database is 450GB.

The downloaded database includes truecaller_ugc(459GB), truecaller (100GB),truecaller_profiles( 4GB), truecaller_api(123KB), truecaller_PushMe(2.2KB), tc_admin(7MB), tc_www:(70MB).

The database is claimed to have access codes of more than million facebook, twitter, linkedin , Gmail accounts that will allow hacker to post updates from victim's account.


The group claimed the outdated wordpress allowed them to gain access to the admin panel.

At the time of writing, they shutdown their website and it displays the following error message "We are doing some upgrades. Thank you for your patience."

*UPDATE:
TrueCaller confirmed the security breach in their officail blog. However, they denied the hacker access to the social network's access codes. 

5 comments :

Anonymous said...

Howdy! I know this іs kinda off topic nevertheless I'd fiɡureɗ
I'd ask. Would you be intеrested in trading linkѕ or maybe guest ɑuthоring
a blog post or vіce-versa? My blog covers a lot of the
same topics as yoսrs and I think we could greatly benefit from each other.
Ӏf yⲟu're intеrested feel free to shoot me an e-mail.
I look forward to hearіng from you! Superb blog by the wɑy!

see here : How Ꭲo Lock Filеs With Minimum Effort And Still Leave
People Amazed

Anonymous said...

Hey I know thіs is off topic but I was wondering if you knew of any widgets I coulԁ add to my blog that automatically tweet my newest twitter updates.
I've been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some
time and was hoping maybe you ѡould have some experience with something like this.
Plеase lеt me кnow іf you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates.

useful site : Beѕt Encryption Software Tips Ⲩou Wіll Ꮢead This Уear & How To Еncrypt A Password For Free ᒪiҝe A Pro
With The Helр Of These 5 Tips

Anonymous said...

Hello, i read your blog occasionally and i own a similar one and
i was just curious if you get a lot of spam feedback?

If so how do you reduce it, any plugin or anything you can advise?
I get so much lately it's driving me mad so any support is very much appreciated.

Anonymous said...

It's a pity you don't have a donate button! I'd without a
doubt donate to this superb blog! I guess for now i'll settle for book-marking
and adding your RSS feed to my Google account. I look
forward to fresh updates and will share this site with my Facebook
group. Talk soon!

Anonymous said...

I constantly spent my half an hour to read this webpage's
posts everyday along with a cup of coffee.